CAREER ASSISTANCE AND TALENT (CAT) CENTER OF PENANG
Penang Career Assistance and Talent Center (CAT) was inaugurated by Y.A.B. Chief Minister on 4 March 2009 with an initial fund approved of RM10 million (RM2.5 million for phase 1)
- InvestPenang acts as a manager with the cooperation of State Government agencies such as MPPP, MPSP and Penang Development Corporation (PDC) and Penang Water Supply Corporation Sdn. Bhd. (PBAPP)
- Smart collaboration with JobStreet.com
CAT ROAD ROLE
- Matching retrenched workers or new employees with job opportunities and training programs
- Working with CAT Center members to provide job opportunities and "Job Attachment"
- Promoting the state of Penang as an ideal place to work and be home and to add "talent pool" to cater for domestic industrial and service demand.
- Encourage students who are currently studying at the Institute of Higher Education in the State of Penang to work in the State of Penang through talks and also the promotion of CAT Center website.
ACHIEVEMENTS (UNTIL FEBRUARY 2012)
- Registration amount recorded: 4,322
- Total benchmarking made: 3,433
- Total employment recorded: 5,282 Established CAT Center website. (31 July 2011 - 29 February 2012)
- Total cruises 7220 from 37 countries / territories
- % new visitors 57%
For further information please contact CAT Center at
1B11-02-03 and 1B11-02-05, Level 2, Komtar 10000 Penang
Tel: 2502170 and 2502172